Mezieres Method Postural Rehabilitation. At Wellthy Clinic we offer Mezieres treatments which are very challenging but can gain great results. Mézières or Global Postural Re-education uses a combination of specific stretching postures, breath work and hands on therapy.
Mezieres Method Treatments Goals
- Discover the causes of your discomfort and help to reduce pain
- Reduce muscle tightness, joint stiffness and restore lost balance.
- Help re-align your posture
- Provide clients with self-management tools
What Conditions can the Treatment Help with?
- Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Lower back pain
- Pain reducation and increase function for people with spinal conditions (ankylosing spondylitis)
What Does the Mezieres Method Treatment Involve:
- Holding specific global stretching postures for a prolonged time of which the practitioner will manually correct.
- Breathing exercises
- Hands on therapy
In a Mézières method london treatment your body is viewed as muscular chains (not individual). The focus of a treatment is to reduce increased tension in one area which will reduce pain and increase function in another area of the body. The aim is to lengthen and soften the muscular chains to restore balance with the function of the whole body. Mézières aims to achieve a postural change through the work on the muscular chain balance. Studies have shown the technique help reduce chronic lower back pain, chronic neck pain, increase function and well being. At Wellthy Clinic our osteopath who is also trained Mezieres Method will assess your posture and movements then go ahead with a course of treatment to reduce symptoms and help you feel better. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. Wellthy Clinic is based at 63 New Cavendish Street, Marylebone, W1G 7LP.